Medals Requests, Discharge Records

Request for Discharge Records

Options for obtaining a lost/damaged discharge:

1)  Make an appointment with one of our county service officers at 513-732-7363.  You can also your discharge recorded at our office for safekeeping.

2)  Contact the county recorder’s office to see if it has been recorded with the county.

Clermont County Recorders Office
101 Main Street
Batavia, Ohio 45103
Voice: 513-732-7236  Fax: 513-732-7891

3)  Order your discharge online from the National Personnel Records Center in St Louis, MO

National Personnel Records Center 

4)  Mail or Fax SF Form 180 to the National Personnel Records Center.

Download the SF180 form HERE

Note:  The fastest way to obtain your discharge is through your veteran service office or county recorders office.  Ordering the discharge from NPRC can take 6-8 weeks.